I have posted on my own blog Gentle Wisdom a two part series Is the Bible the best way to promote Christianity? – part 1, part 2. In this I discuss issues about the perspicuity of Scripture, and the barriers to understanding it, which lie behind many of the discussions we have been having here at Better Bibles Blog. It is good that we don’t discuss at BBB the theology underlying Bible translation. But these issues are important, and so I offer my blog as a place where I would welcome an appropriate discussion of them.
Have you got a question about Bible translation?
Have you discovered an interesting story on the Internet about Bible translation?
Share it with us by clicking on "Share" at the top of this page.
Blog posts and comments should focus on Bible translation issues, not theology, or personalities.
1. Support claims with evidence.
2. Do not question anyone's intelligence, spirituality or motives; NO PERSONAL ATTACKS!
3. Do not tell someone what they believe. Instead, ask them.
4. Avoid sarcasm.
5. Comments should be concise and relate directly to post content.
Comments which do not follow the guidelines may be edited or deleted.
Commenting on this blog is a privilege. Decisions by the BBB owners are final.
Non-translation comments can be posted to BBB+.
- Peter Kirk on “Farewell NIV”?
- davidbrainerd2 on “Farewell NIV”?
- WAndressen on Share
- mlaclair on the word of his power
- Kefale on Does kefale mean "leader"?
- R.A. on How does iron sharpen iron?
- Pat on How does iron sharpen iron?
- Dan on HCSB reviews
- Wayne Leman on comparing the ISV and NIV
- Dave on comparing the ISV and NIV